If you have inquiries or would like to access a recording, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a desire to step up and fight for a better, fairer, more just world?
The Institute for Change Leaders (ICL) teaches the skills that organizers, activists and campaigners need to win social change. The core curriculum comes from Marshall Ganz, a Harvard professor who codified the relationship-building organizational framework they teach. The fundamentals of community organizing focuses on five key leadership practices: telling stories, building relationships, structuring teams, strategizing, and acting.
Check out the first of two webinars with Olivia Chow: Effectively Lobbying your Elected Representatives
- The difference between strategy and tactics
- How to challenge the belief that knowledge equals action
- Ways to track down power
- Clarify the goal you want to accomplish in your lobbying efforts
- Contact your MPP or MLA (or other elected representatives) to get a response and a meeting
- Prep for the meeting, who and what to bring. Define what is an effective “ask”.
- Conduct the meeting and follow up.